Wednesday, February 13, 2013

Istanbul, Turkey

Hi Istanbul, this was last 2 christmas when i was still in Switzerland having my internships. Since, there is nothing opening during the Christmas, I decided to fly 6 hours from Zurich to Istanbul for Christmas holiday.
Well, I can't supply a lot information for you travelling to Istanbul because me and my friends were somehow taking tour taxi but the picture below with the mosque behind, is a MUST to go. Nearby, there is a street where those travelling tv program always recommend. In the street, there is lot of stores asking and negotiating to catch your attention. Even though, i don't really understand what they are talking about, it was quite scary to walk alone if you are a girl, haha.

Turkey separated into two parts, a part in Asia and another part in Europe, however they use Euros. We stayed at the Asia part and we should get to the Europe part for the tourist destination, please remember to check properly before booking a hotel or else you will ended up to be like me taking taxi tour the whole time, which is quite boring as the duration to get to another part of Istanbul is about an hour. Their lifestyle is not very high, so you dont need to worry about the spending.




What is for souvenirs?
Turkey is famous for their sweets, you can actually see all these sweets with the above picture showed. All these sugar thing with nuts are really good to bring back as gift. Well, I personally is not very delighted with these tiny little desserts perhaps they are too sweet for me? hmmm, but they are real good in shape and pretty cool packaging.
I remembered my friend went to Istanbul before me, she brought me a liquid eye liner green metallic in color really suitable for Asian girls. She said, the eye liner pen is famous in Istanbul that's why she brought me that. hehe..
Hmm..what else to talk about? Oh, with the overall opinion, i would say be careful because it is not your own country where you know the surroundings because i remembered there was a man queuing up in front of me into the mosque was holding a gun, I MEAN....a normal guy. So, yea..you must remember avoid any problems, troubles stay safe whenever and wherever you are going.

Thank you ;)

No comments: