Thursday, May 30, 2013

Dining In the Dark KL


Guys, I am very excited and enthusiastic to write down this great dinner experience before I forget the step by step and the process of the it.

Well, few weeks before, my cousin sister told me about a restaurant she is about to try which called "dining in the dark". I thought of the restaurant try to figure what was it about and I remembered a chef I knew roughly told me about the story of dining in the dark in Zurich, Switzerland who his son was planning to try it. Okay, since I missed that in Switzerland when I was still there having my last internship and well, after my cousin talked about it. Hmm, I decided to experience this once in my life thus I start grabbing my buddy and partner to join me experiencing this fantastic dinner. How to make reservation? How I started was, I called via a mobile number for booking and the staff asked my for email address to send me the confirmation and it was done just like that.

The restaurant was kind of hidden, it was on the second floor and it is along the way of Changkat, Bukit Bintang. For me, it was a bit hard for me to find this dining place however I called for assistance, they waved at me to lead me to the restaurant and so I arrived. We went up to the waiting lobby and soon a staff came to us and ask us what we would like for drink, they showed us a game and asked us to blind fold ourselves to complete the task. After awhile, they start asking us to prepare ourselves and get ready for the dinner for instance, make sure you went to the toilet and make sure your electric gadgets and anything involve lights are kept or stored in the lockers they provided. Then, we were being lead hand on shoulder of each other and enter the dark dark dining room. Guys! Total darkness, you can't even see what's around and what you can hear was the cutlery and the CCTV red lights. A serving crew will bring us one by one to our seat and give us an orientation of the thing placed on the table. Then, we start serving us food.

Throughout the dinner time, they will tell you position of your food without telling you what are they therefore, you will be able to experience and try food that you normally do not consume but eating it without fear. I personally think that this is a very good experience as this gave me a reason and peacefulness of eating AND nobody can play their SMARTPHONES during dinner time which I kinda hate it you know...

There were 3 courses fine dining and the duration was about one and a half to two hours time, the serving crew said that we were eating too fast HAHA. The crews were friendly and nice the service was excellent and I enjoyed having dinner there very much. I would definitely recommend this to my friends and family. Finally it came to an end, we were brought out from the dark dark dining room, the crew told us not to open our eyes too quickly as we stayed in the dark for quite a long time and we need some time to adapt to the lights. We were given a paper asking about the ingredients and the contents in the food we just ate and of course suggestions for the dining in the future.

We asked the serving crew about the establishment of Dining In the Dark KL, surprisingly it only opened for not more than a year. Furthermore, we were curious about the crews serving us well, they were all well-trained serving us of course, you will need to avoid crashing with them because the serving crew do not have anything
 assisting them except the feelings! They feel it whenever they serve you, I'm pretty proud of them working in this dining room, it is a very unique dining experience and I love it very much!

Keep it up, you are doing great!
XOXO, your guest.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

buy propecia online propecia after 8 months - can you buy propecia in mexico

Anonymous said...

Does your website have a contact page? I'm having a tough time locating it but, I'd like to shoot you an email.
I've got some creative ideas for your blog you might be interested in hearing. Either way, great website and I look forward to seeing it grow over time.

Look into my site ... kredyty hipoteczne